Thursday, January 1, 2009

About Me

- Ink Blots and Polka Dots is my blog -  

"Ink Blots" are for the quirky things, "Polka Dots" for spontaneous creativity and fun.  Everyday is a new day, a fresh start ... one day I'll post a room makeover or a revamped piece of furniture, the next day might highlight a cheap, healthy way to microwave your popcorn.  Whatever it is, it isn't boring (at least not for me)!

Who am I?  

I am a teacher turned stay-at-home mom.  I am happily married and on an adventure of raising three boys.  Being the oldest with three younger sisters, the whole boy thing is a daily learning experience: they don't walk, they run, they don't talk, they yell and they are everywhere all at once.  I am convinced that the only way they can process information is if they are jumping, running or wrestling!

Details?

I have taught myself how to sew, crochet and draw.  I love to garden, play the piano and guitar and I would love to raise sheep (but I don't live on a farm, so I'm not sure it is a good idea).  Throw in the odd power tool and I'm happy :o)    


Essentially, I dabble in everything creative but have perfected nothing :o)
It is sort of like Forrest Gump's "Life is like a box of chocolates" kinda thing ... 


I don't like cooking, but admire people who do.  I love the smell of freshly laundered clothes, especially if someone else has washed them  

I have been reading since I was three and I always have a book on the go, or two or three.  My post secondary studies were in English, so reading is a part of who I am.  I read fast and can analyze a book to death by training.  I am always keen to read series from beginning to end, like 'A is for Alibi' - I think the author is on U now... Right now I am reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and loving it! 


This blog is my creative outlet - check it out and enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis