Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cute IKEA Candles


These IKEA candles are now a cute addition to a gift for my niece and they only took a few minutes to pull together.  It just goes to show that sometimes inexpensive items can be tweaked a little to make them special and personal :o) 

I picked up a couple of these candles from IKEA a few days ago for a $1.99 each.  They smell amazing, but the packaging was a little bland - a glass container with a large, unattractive sticker on it (sorry IKEA but they had to go) and a plastic fitted top.  Yeah, not really working for me.  

I picked up some clear backed letter stickers at Walmart for next to nothing and thought they would be perfect for these candles. 
There were two holes in the top of the plastic lid which were the perfect size for threading a length of pink polka dot ribbon through ... and I finished it off by tying a small bow.     

Since these candles are part of a little girl's gift the ribbon makes a nice, fun addition.  I added the words "luv u" and "QT" (aka cutie) to the outside of the glass and voila ... 

... a simple and cute way to dress up an inexpensive and yummy smelling candle!

I love how they turned out so I think I'll pick up a few more - maybe I'll try just threading the ribbon through the holes and trimming the ends for a more sophisticated and tailored look, or perhaps twine might be neat too?  Boy, if you had a Cricut or Silhouette you'd be all set - the whole etched glass thing would be very cool!  

- Kristin -

I'm linking to a few of these awesome parties:

happyhappyhousewife.blogspot.comcraftedition.blogspot.com, todayscreativeblog.net, trendytreehouse.blogspot.com, bellabeforeandafter.blogspot.com, somedaycrafts.blogspot.com, bluecricketdesign.net, 733blog.blogspot.com, somewhatsimple.blogspot.com, firefliesandjellybeans.blogspot.com, theshabbychiccottage.net, paisleypassions.blogspot.com, houseofhepworths.com, simplydesigning.blogspot.com, funtocraft.blogspot.com, justagirl.blogspot.com, lovelycraftyhome.com, tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com, funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com, thediyshowoff.blogspot.com, iheartnaptime.blogspot.com, alittlelovelyblog.blogspot.com

11 comments:

  1. Neat idea... you could also do a monogram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have these candles RIGHT NOW. I'm totally going to do this with some fun spring words. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are darling. What a simple clever idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. I love thos Ikea candles and the empty glass holders are great when the wax is out of them. Great gift idea!
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever! I'll have to look for these next time I'm at Ikea.
    Your blog is looking great! Love your new picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute touch! Simple but captivating

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 minutes ago, I had this exact candle in my hand trying some crafty ideas out...love yours...
    Mariaelena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post sucks. Mines better! ..lol. Just kidding.
    Just getting into this blogging thing myself, though I don't think anyone actually reads my posts. Does it come easier with time?

    Take a look at my blog post ... Texas Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog very is impressive; I am inspired how continuously you describe this topic. After reading your post, thanks for taking the time to discuss this,

    If you ssearching for a legit financial service .Check it out. Link below.
    legit paypal transfer dark web
    dark web financial services .
    Unclaimed Mystery Box
    I feel happy about it and I love learning more about this topic...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis