Monday, January 18, 2010

Sugar Cookies















In my mind there is almost nothing better than a warm sugar cookie and a big glass of milk ... so this morning, the little fellas and I were busy making our favourite sugar cookies! Yum, yum, yum! This recipe was my grandmother, so it is time tested and true; I've tried other variations of sugar cookies, but I always seem to come back to this family recipe that I grew up with.

Manning Sugar Cookies

1/2 c margarine
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt (sift these together into a separate bowl)

Directions
  1. cream margarine then add sugar slowly beating thoroughly
  2. add egg until just mixed
  3. slowly add sifted flour mixture with wooden spoon
  4. roll out dough on lightly floured surface
  5. cut with cutters and place on lightly greased cookie sheet (add sprinkles if desired)
  6. bake at 350 degrees 8 - 10 minutes
As with all the baking "help" I get from my four and two year old fellas, the mess that remains behind is unbelievable; and that despite a good vacuuming, I will hear that tell-tale sound of crunching as we step on stray cookie sprinkles over the next few days ...

Linking this post to Fireflies & Jellybeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis