Thursday, January 7, 2010

Old Table Refinishing #2
















These are my little felt birds ... too adorable not to have a close up! I found them at Crate & Barrel and I used them as part of my table centerpiece during the holidays. The rustic pieces of wood I gathered from the backyard during the fall along with a big bag of twigs. I think my family thought I was nuts, but all you creative people out there understand I'm sure. Now, on to the reason for this post:

An update on the dining table makeover!

I had big plans to finish the whole thing by Boxing Day (in time for a huge family dinner) as you can read about here, but the legs never made it (sigh!). I was pleasantly surprised, however, at how the top turned out; no painting it for me! I love the rustic look that the table top has: all its' nicks and groves. We figured there hadn't been a big Christmas dinner around the table in over 30 years.

So here is a picture of the table before (leaves missing and all):















And this is what it looks like now:















The legs desperately need attention, so before my Valentine's Day guests arrive, I swear I will have them done ... I hope - and a picture to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis