Monday, January 3, 2011

Nursery: Nautical Beach Sign


I'm in the process of finishing up a nautical themed nursery for the littlest fella, and I thought I would share the 10 minute sign that I made for the built-in bookcase (I'll post pictures of the nursery soon - just waiting for a sunny day to take them).   


Signs like these are an great way to decorate because they are cheap and easy to make and the possibilities are endless.  A good place for inspiration is MissMustardSeed's blog 'cause she does some awesome vintage signage, let me tell you!


For this Beach sign, all I did was grab a scrap piece of wood left over from some past project (just a plain 'ol piece of MDF) and painted it with one coat of white paint that I had on hand (Benjamin Moore's Oxford White).  An hour later (because I really am an impatient type of gal), I taped the stencil letters onto the board and painted the word "Beach" with some acrylic paint.   I made sure to leave gaps in the blue paint so that the sign would look worn.  After waiting impatiently for half-an-hour, I then sanded the sign to distress it and added a few nail holes and it was finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - I love reading them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis